This statement summarises Breville’s policies regarding personal information that may be collected or submitted to us through the Breville website of www.breville.co.nz (“Site”) or via any other means of collection.
Your privacy is important to
We acknowledge that you have the right to control how your personal information is collected and used.
The type of information that may be collected or submitted to Breville or Breville Group Limited (BRG) includes:
- your name, current addresses, age group, email address, telephone/mobile phone number and fax number;
- information about your visit to the Site, which includes the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and the documents retrieved;
- the type of browser used when you visit our Site, and
- any personal correspondence, which includes emails (“Personal Information”).
Other information you provide is not required by us but may assist with responding to your request more effectively.
Why do we collect personal
Breville offers various products and services to our customers and also strives to meet the needs of our customers with after sales services and improved product performance.
To do this effectively, we need to collect certain Personal Information.
The personal information we collect from
All Personal Information we collect from you requires your consent, for example, opening an account, supplying a service, purchase and delivery of products, special offers and after sales services. We may request your consent from time to time to take part in improved product performance or for marketing purposes that we think will be useful to you. However, unless you are informed otherwise, the Personal Information we hold is for establishing and managing our business and customer relationship with you. Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions and governed by law.
By communicating with Breville, including by email and by completing online forms, you are giving your consent to the collection of what Personal Information you provide.
You have the right to anonymity and do not have to supply us with information, however if you choose not to provide the information and we need to fulfil your request for a specific product or service, we may be unable to provide you with that requested product or service.
Keeping a record of Personal
Depending on the product or service you have acquired, it may be necessary to keep a record of the transaction for business purposes or to enable us to respond to your concerns.
We may hold personal information for the following purposes:
- Internal accounting and administration;
- To supply you with information about your account including regular statements;
- To respond to inquiries;
- Enhancing customer service, product options and to improved product performance;
- Promotions, competition entry forms, redemption vouchers and special offers where you have voluntarily supplied your personal details;
- To administer warranty claims and sales records;
- To inform you about updates or changes to the product or service you have acquired;
- To provide information about us, our products, services and special offers; and
- o analyse our website usage.
Occasionally we require organisations outside Breville to provide a service for purposes, which are necessary for us to conduct our business, functions and activities (for example advertising names of competition winners and delivering products). We take all steps to ensure these organisations both inside and outside of New Zealand deal with personal information according to this policy.
Our Disclosure of Your
Although Breville and BRG uses industry standard practices to protect your Personal Information, due to technical limitations, we cannot guarantee and ensure that all of your private communications and other Personal Information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private. Having said that, as a matter of policy, we NEVER sell or rent any Personal Information about you to any third party.
1. The following describes some of the ways that your Personal Information may be disclosed and you expressly agree that your Personal Information may be disclosed by Breville or BRG in the following ways:
Advertisers: We may internally gather up data across all of our Site’s visitors and keep a record of your usage habits. As a result, we may disclose some limited, non specific Personal Information to third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, address, and telephone number are NEVER disclosed to advertisers.
2. Cookies: When you visit our Site, our server may attach a small data file known as a "cookie" to your hard drive. This enables us to analyse usage patterns on our Site in order to tailor it to our users' needs. Cookies are safe and cannot be used to deliver a virus. Cookies only identify your computer to our servers when you visit our Site. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can refuse the transfer of cookies to your computer's hard drive by adjusting your internet browser.
3. Legal Requests: Breville or BRG may lawfully disclose your Personal Information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary, appropriate or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), in connection with an investigation of any activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
How we manage your personal
You may have contact with us personally, by telephone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other records. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You have the right to access the personal information you have provided to us. If you require details of your personal information held by us, we will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we will process in a reasonable time. If you find that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date then we will promptly correct it.
When your personal information is no longer needed, we will remove any personal identifiers or we will ensure the secure destruction of the records.
As far as permissible under law, Breville accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised access of personal information held by Breville.
Changes to our privacy
From time to time in may be necessary for us to review and revise our privacy statement. We reserve the right to change our privacy statement at any time and to notify you by publishing an updated version of the policy on the Breville website at www.breville.co.nz.
How to contact us if you have a problem or
If you have any queries in relation to this policy or its administration or if you would like more details of the type of personal information Breville holds, for what purposes, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information, please contact Breville New Zealand, Private Bag 94411, Botany, Manukau 2163 Auckland, New Zealand.